The JAB's

The JAB's
just another day on the run

Monday, November 19, 2012

weekend roundup and farm fresh ri

This is quick... but here's how the weekend went:

Friday... grocery shopping for Thanksgiving!  We're hosting on Thursday :)

Saturday- AM RUN! Ran 9.25 miles in the morning in 70:45  Felt great to do this!
The rest of the day was spent driving up to MA... we went to mass at the church where we go married and then attend a surprise birthday party in Worcester.  Unfortunately it wasn't too vegetarian/ lactose-free friendly... so my dinner was bread, salad, and green beans... and for dessert they had key lime pie with whipped cream.  That wasn't happening, but I did manage to eat all of the graham cracker crust!

Sunday- 2 hour bike ride!  Then Jeff's parents were here to help with some things... the men cleaned the gutters.  I did house work.  In the afternoon we did some errands and then watched the Pats.  How about that victory!?

Monday- Full day of work, followed by the gym- 1:20 on the elliptical, then abs and stretching.  Tomorrow is the last day of work for the week for me! (and it's pajama day at school... wear your pj's to work? yes please, don't mind if I do!)

It works out nice that we have all of Wednesday off so I can start to get ready for Thanksgiving on Thursday... we got our delivery from Farm Fresh RI, so I am looking forward to using some of these veggies on Thursday!
I have already used the mustard greens- I sauteed them with some garlic a couple days ago.  Other veggies we got include onions, carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, apples, turnip, kuri squash, and spaghetti squash.  I am planning to cook the parsnips, carrots, brussel sprouts, and kuri squash to go with our dinner on Thursday!  It's nice to know that we're eating from some local farms!


We signed up for a few months of this and I'm looking forward to seeing what we get next!

Well time to relax and call it a night... just one more day to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment