The JAB's

The JAB's
just another day on the run

Thursday, November 15, 2012

quick check in

Just checking in... it's been busy here in RI and MA.

Tuesday I was booked solid.  I got up just after 5 am to hit up the gym.  I like to run on Tuesdays, but running at 5:30 just wasn't happening, so I did the elliptical for an hour, came home, showered, and headed up to Marlboro MA for a day long conference with the Department of Ed.

While the conference got out at 3:30, I was far from done with the day.  Rather than come back down to RI, I went to visit my parents to kill some time and catch up with them, then continued on to go back to the town where I teach to host a literacy night at the library.

We had a local author come to read to the kids... here's her site, check it out!
"Marshmallows Galore"

We did a craft and had a snack with the kids too.  Finally got home to RI around 8:30 pm to crash after prepping for another day.

Wednesday wasn't as busy fortunately, but I could tell my body was just tired from the day before.  Once again after a full day at work I didn't have a run in me, so I went to the gym and again did a workout on the elliptical, this time 77 minutes.  (7 is my favorite number!)  It was nice to end the evening yesterday though with the husband watching Survivor!

That brings us to today- Thursday, which totally felt like a Friday when I woke up, but alas no- one more day to get through the week!

Fortunately, my body was able to catch up on sleep last night, so after work today I was determined to run.

This happened:
 I let the treadmill start and as per usual didn't want to set my expectations too high for fear they might not be met.--- why do I do this? Shouldn't I try to raise the bar? Anyways, in my head I thought, "ok- 5 miles, you can do that, but as the miles ticked away I changed it to, ok Julie, just run the full hour, which I did, then the treadmill automatically adds on a 5 minute cool down, which I ran too.... bringing the day's mileage to just under 8.5 miles in 65 minutes- about 7:39 pace! woohoo, not my fastest by any means, but seeing how last week's mileage total was only 5.25 miles and the week before was zero- I was thrilled.
 This is me thrilled-- and sweaty--- and tired---- and thirsty.

I felt like a runner again today-- such a good feeling!!

And on that note, I am proud to say I earned my day off tomorrow.  I used to never take days off, but now am a firm believer in a rest day weekly.  Fridays seem to work for me as that day off.

New Big Bang Theory tonight!! Time to relax... happy almost Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment