The JAB's

The JAB's
just another day on the run

Sunday, July 21, 2013

new beginnings

So it's been a while since I've been on here, well it's been a while since I've written on here.  I have been faithfully reading many running and healthy living blogs, but haven't contributed much on my end.

Life has changed a bit and I think that's part of why I haven't written.  In January my husband lost his job- which he had held for over 10 years as a physical therapist.  It totally wasn't his fault, but rather due to budget cuts at his company.  So that sparked some changes for us as a newly married couple.  We knew we wanted to eventually move back to MA and start a family, so we decided to make the move then.

In January (2013) we put our house in RI on the market.


After about 3 months we had sold the house and moved to MA!  I work in MA, so this made my commute a lot easier, plus we have more family in MA, so it has been nice to have them closer by!
Another reason this worked out well is because Jeff got hired as a PT for an awesome company up here in MA.   Those three months were not the best at times, I know we were both stressed out-- worrying about living on one income for an undetermined amount of time, wondering if anyone would want to buy our house, wondering where we'd move to, and just hoping that by keeping the faith all things would work out. Well, they did.  Jeff and I came out stronger after this struggle and are now in a much better place!

My husband did an amazing job at helping to get us ready to move.  Seriously, he spent hours upon hours boxing and packing.  Our dining room turned into the moving room.
Because of the craziness of the move and Jeff starting a new job in April, we decided just to rent for the time being and then look for a house after.

Moving across state lines requires the help of a large u-haul truck!

So we are currently renting a 1200sq.ft. apartment while on the house hunt.  There is a great loft, which we use for all of our bikes, trainers, and exercise gear.  (The kitchen is below as pictured.)

We were able to move in by Easter weekend, thanks to our family's help!
One u-haul and 4 cars full of stuff later, we managed to sit down for a few...

and smiled because we were Massachusetts residents again!


The Easter bunny even knew our new address!

Tired on Easter morning...

Since Easter it's been a busy spring and summer.  I finished up the school year, my brother got married, my cousin got married, and we have been actively looking to buy a house in a town nearby.

Well that somewhat bridges the gap to get caught up with what's been happening over the last year... there are a lot more details to share, but I'll save that for future posts.

For now it's time to watch the final day of the Tour with the husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment